A classic preppy mom sharing the innermost secrets of my "picture perfect" life.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dedicated to the world's most dedicated dog

Our oldest dog Boone was laid to rest yesterday morning. He was 12 and had Kidney Failure. I still can't believe he is gone. He was such a presence in our lives. It is unbearable for McDada. He has had him since he was a pup and went through alot of hard times together. In the last four years since I've known him, he's become more my dog. We had a "love at first sight" experience. And he has been my protector ever since. He follows me wherever I go, even when he was so sick and had lost over 20 lbshe would still follow me right up the stairs even if I was just going to get something from my room. I felt guilty ofcours, but he wanted to be with me, so I let him. He slept on our bed every night and lay on the couch with us as we watched TV. He was the most beautiful Chesapeake Bay Retriever in the world. He was quite regal, he carried himself like a king. He was very fierce and was an amazing watchdog, but when he loved you he was just a big baby. I will miss him every minute until the day we meet again in Heaven. I loved him and he loved me. Here's to you Boone!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

lae said...

oh so sad. Our first "baby" passed in January and we think of her always. It is really hard to loose them and all their love. I am sure Boone is thankful for all your love over the years.

I will think of you today.

lae

Kimba said...

Big hugs!

dmmlandcruiser said...

Animals add so much to our lives and it is very hard to let go. Boone was very lucky to have such a loving family.

jillskict said...

Sorry to hear about Boone, hope you are getting through this tough time okay.

Julia said...

You are all so sweet. It gets easier, but he will never leave my heart. Thank you for your thoughtful words.

Melissa said...

What a sweet tribute to your dog. He sounds really special. Knowing how attached I am to my own dog, I can imagine what a tremendous loss you must feel. My thoughts are with you.

Caffeine Court said...

Hi-I just discovered your blog. So sorry to hear about Boone. I love my dogs so much and I can't bear the thought that someday they too will die. He sounds like an amazing dog who had a great life!