A classic preppy mom sharing the innermost secrets of my "picture perfect" life.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Good Mail





What we have here are some goodies from Nordstrom and Bloomingdales delivered straight to my mailbox.
First, we see a fire engine red trench by Guess from the Nordstrom catalog. It has a feminine shape and a beautiful wide round collar. I am a big fan of 3/4 length. For shame, it was the only thing in the catalog that caught my eye.
As for the Bloomies catalog, now there were some goodies in there.... Now I picked out this long black taffeta skirt as an example. Once upon a time I needed something to wear to a black tie affaire. I searched and searched to no avail. So, I designed something myself. I picked out a stunning pink and green (naturally) plaid in silk from my secret fabric source on the internet, then took it to my favorite tailor and came up with a skirt with a similar shape , but in a fun fabric. Then all you need is a freshly pressed white oxford, with feminine buttons and french cuffs, of course! Voila, a no fuss, custom, black tie ensemble! As for the other pics, who says you can't wear fabulous footwear in the rain? Kate Spade says you can!!!! Bring on the rain!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these items. Great choices.

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Gorgeous! Especially love the rain shoes! I wish someone would tell me how to wear rain boots!

Park Avenue Princess said...

The Kate Spade waterproof flats are to DIE for!!!!!!! love love!

DebbieDo said...

so so cute! I love the rain boots, I sometimes wish I needed them. Hmmm, rain and cute rain shoes vs. Sunny weather and cute sundresses year round. For me the sundresses win but man those shoes are tempting!

CBM said...

I love those Kate Spade flats!