A classic preppy mom sharing the innermost secrets of my "picture perfect" life.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Wish List

So, home improvements happen very slowly around here. But there are so many projects, I just wanted to write them down. We did finally paint the livingroom, but there is still the spot behind the Plasma, I haven't gotten to. I think it was two Christmas' ago, McDada made me a bookcase! A gorgeous mahogany bookcase! Ofcourse we then decided that we needed something for under the Plasma to hold (more like guard) the components. So, that hasn't happened yet... Then there is the chair we bought when we lived in Md, that needed a slipcover and never got one. It looks ok, it just doesn't match. Now as for the couch, I love it, but it is now in desperate need of a slipcover. Then there are the curtains, I have the fabric, I just have to do some light sewing. And last but not least the corner floor lamp was brass then was painted white to go in the Monkey's room when he was a baby, so now it has to be repainted, or we need another floorlamp. Well, that covers the livingroom. By the way, the color scheme is pink and green!!
There is a hallway between the livingroom and kitchen that has two walls I want to wallpaper. I haven't found the right paper yet. i want something bold in the brown tones (I think). Then we move onto the harbor room, which is now the dinning room. It had horrible dated wallpaper, so we tore it down. We haven't done anything since! I think we are going to paint it pale turquoisey blue color. It has a bit of an ocean theme. I also am dying for new dinning chairs, I hate ours. So, as you can see there is much to be done. I am ready willing and able, but right now the focus is on Serena, our sailboat! You know what BOAT stands for don't you? Break Out Another Thousand!!!! Oh so true!

3 comments:

SuburbanMom said...

Oh man, how I would love to have a wall in our home I could wallpaper....

:)

jillskict said...

I feel ya, which is why I call my list my ta-da list, makes me feel better anyway, but you do not even want to see how long that thing is at the moment? How is your office coming? Tomorrow is August 1st and I actually slept in my own bed last night for the first time since June 27th. Hmmmm, guess what, mine has not been touched, and I am having a guest this weekend, well kind of. . . .but still, I am in mad rush mode. . .

Preppy Napkin said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!