A classic preppy mom sharing the innermost secrets of my "picture perfect" life.

Friday, June 8, 2007

Biggest Innermost Secrets of my "picture Perfect life"


Here it goes...this is me, yup, I am FAT. I have gone from a 6 to a 16 since I quit drinking, drugs, cigarettes too. Oh yeah, BTW, I've been sober for 8 years. So, to sum up, I am fat AND borring!!! Just kidding, I'm NOT boring, I'm just fat. From my first chin to mid thigh has got to go! Mid thigh down is pretty nice, if I do say so myself. I just miss being in shape. I prided myself on my athletisism. I was never "skinny" nor have I had an hourglass shape, but I was happy with my flat stomach and no hips, thighs that didn't touch and big boobs. I had a pretty great bod. What the hell happened? I have got to get it back. And I am going to. With your help hopefully, I need all the support I can get. Basically I need to drop 55lbs! Let's do this thing. I owe it to myself and I want to do it for my kids. When the Monkey says, "mama, let's run!" I want to say, "ok, let's go!" not, "sorry, bud, mama's too tired to run" How pathetic! My husband has been so great, telling me he loves me and wants me just as I am, but I WANT to blow his mind, I WANT him to WANT me. I just can't seem to muster up the juice on this one. Why is this so hard. I have no excuse, none.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Good for you, I look forward to hearing your success story.

Donna said...

I am older than you but in the same boat. We are in Manhattan right now and I am so flattered that my friend told me I dress so well...smoke and mirrors and size 16 too. Keep in touch with ME. Maybe we can co this together. Even going to J Crew depresses me to death. By the way I love your playlist. In our hotel room I just had it going all morning yesterday and am have put manyof your songs on my ipod. Good luck to you. This is hard but YOU can do it and I can too.

dmmlandcruiser said...

I feel your pain. I had always been a 10/12. Now I am a solid 16 and it is depressing. I wear hospital pants to work which has only made it worse. I am really going to try to do this with you. Think positively, and find exercise wherever you can, even if it is marching in place while you watch a tv show!

Julia said...

Thanks for all the support guys!

Donna said...

Back from Manhattan. You can always email me if you want. Let's do this together, dmmlandcruiser too (I also love your blog!)
Donna

Suburban prep said...

I understand your pain. I don't even have the excuse of having children. I do have a medical condition that has caused me to not work and to put on weight. I got married when I was 35. It is now 8.5 yrs later and I am no longer 35. I am however 5'9.5". I have DVT (deep vein thrombosis)--blood clots. I was on blood thinners for 2.5 yrs but I had to stop --my body forgot how to stop bleeding. I have the old sludge (clot) still adhered to the indise of the vein. (for some reason it didn't all go away). I walk, I watch what I eat and I go the fitness center and I chase after a 1,2 & 4 yr old (niece and nephew).
I am getting to the age where the hormones begin to do a crazy dance and Iam still trying. I was a 6-8 when I got married in 1998 and well I am now a 10-12.

jillskict said...

I am with you and I have been up and down my whole life. This is a great support system here and whatever you need, let us know! Daily motivational quotes maybe?

Head Hen said...

The hard part is over--admitting it to yourself. We've all tried to look better in clothes or said that having kids caused it. The bottom (excuse the pun) is that you have to move more and eat smarter.

Tonight I had apples with peanut butter as dessert and was pretty proud of myself. Then I flipped over the peanut butter and ONE serving had 32 grams of fat and 390 calories. #$&%&@

Tomorrow it will be just the apple. :) And I walked 2 miles today.

You can DO IT!!!! Just do it one day at a time and FORCE yourself to at least take a walk when you don't feel like doing anything else active. It will build up!

Good luck!