A classic preppy mom sharing the innermost secrets of my "picture perfect" life.

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Best Friends Til The End

So, where was I? Oh yes, I was trying to find a picture of my best friends, but I am so unbelievably unorganized right now that I couldn't find it, sorry. Anyway, I will describe them to you. First of all we made up a club, mind you this is third grade, we called ourselves The Bubba Frubbas. BF= best friend First there was Luba, a firey redhead, smart, adventurous, responsible, and focused. She is currently the godmother to my Monkey. She is fulfilling "our" third grade dream of becoming an Architect. Then, there is Saba. She's the one I mentioned who almost died of skin cancer. She married her high school sweetheart and has two kiddos. For a couple of summers, Saba and I partied like rockstars! Freba, godmother to my Fox, has been married the longest (to her carpenter). She is the one I can tell my deepest darkest secrets to, and she won't judge me. We live very different lifestyles but it has never come between us. I am the only one in the Bubbas who she stays in touch with. Then there is Paba, she just had her first baby, a girl. We lived together in Boston for a couple years. We also went on an amazing Spring break trip to Puerto Vallerta back in the college days. So, Luba, Saba, Freba and Paba and I all travelled in Europe together on a school trip when we were way tooo young. I think we went to 5 different countries, but we were drunk the whole time so I don't even remember. Pretty bad, but not entirely my fault, who takes a bunch of eighth graders from an all girls school on a coed trip to Europe with 70 year old chaparones and allows them to drink???? Let's just say the school deceided not to offer that trip again! Finally there is Porba, she is a bit out of touch, we talk about every other year. Last I heard she was in film school in Salt Lake City and had bought herself a house. She was always the independent one. She travelled the world by herself. Her stories are amazing. But these ladies have been a constant in my life for over twenty years. I love them like sisters. I am a very loyal friend.

2 comments:

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

I think that is really special when you are able to have close friends for a very long time. All of mine I have been close to from 17-30+ years.

Julia said...

I am a big letter writter too! That's why I NEED so much stationary!!!!