A classic preppy mom sharing the innermost secrets of my "picture perfect" life.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"Summer's here..

I'm for that, got my rubber sandals, got my straw hat, got my cold beer, I'm just glad that it's here!" - James Taylor
Such a great song! That says it, huh? So, my weekend was quiet but nice, lots of BBQ!!! And even some beach time!!! I have a nice tan on my upper half. I even started my seaglass collection. I still haven't found that elusive cobolt blue piece yet. It makes my day when I find one! So, back to what I was saying, my legs don't seem to get tan anymore, why is that? Is it cause I'm not lying out like I used to? I am too busy running around with the kids or mowing or weeding. Ever since one of my childhood friends got skin cancer and almost died, I just can't justify "lying out" Isn't it crazy how things used to be? Growing up I hosted many parties durring the summers. We would drink all night and pass out by the pool and not move from there all day, we'd litterally just bake in the sun. We even used cooking oil!!! Wow! But that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to irresponsible behavior on my part (growing up). Don't worry, that is on my list!!! I feel like Earl, from MY Name Is Earl, telling you about my "list". As for #5 on my list...
#5 I am Episcapalian but only go to church on special occasions
I pretty much covered that issue on one of my last posts. So I will move on to #6, but need to dig out a pic to do it justice. I'll be back....

2 comments:

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

I haven't really introduced him to Bob the Builder yet, b/c he won't really site and watch a 30 minute program yet. We are taking an 8 hour trip for vacation, so I might purchse a DVD for the trip of BTB. Thanks for the suggestion.

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

PS...love the song selections. i could hang out here all day and listen.