A classic preppy mom sharing the innermost secrets of my "picture perfect" life.

Saturday, May 5, 2007

NYC!!!


First of all, I want this coral bag from Snappy Turtle!!! I love coral!!!
Now onto my trip. I went to the Big Apple on Thursday with my Step Mother-in-law. We took the train from New Haven into Grand Central. I love Grand Central, it's like a small city itself! Then on our way to the Sheraton, we stopped at Daffy's, I'd never heard of it, but what a place, I got an adorable plaid skirt for... $9 ! Can you believe it? I am wearing it now! I actually wore it out to dinner last night too!!! Anyway, the opening was interesting. Not what I expected, not well thought out at all. The paintings of course were amazing but, an art show opening at an art gallery in NYC with paintings priced between 20-$25,000...there was no champagne, no flowers, just fruit in plastic containers from a supermarket and donut holes from dunkin donuts, a few bottles of wine, diet coke and 7-up...What the F*ck???? The crowd was interesting and fun though, and loved the art. After the opening a group of us went out to the BEST mexican restaurant. The food was excelent and we just had a ball!!! After dinner we were going to go to a club to go Salsa dancing, but we were too tired, so we just had a walk around Times Square then went to bed. I slept so well. I felt so free. Of course the next morning we had a nice breakfast in the VIP room at the Hotel then took the train home. It is so nice to get away from time to time. I am glad I went.

4 comments:

hqm said...

Was the resturant Rosa Mexicana? I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!!!

Julia said...

No, It was Cafe Frida on Columbus. Have you heard of Mole`? it's the chocolate chicken? Sounds disgusting but it's soooo good!

workinthatpreppy said...

what does daffodil say about you..i never saw what all the flowers meant. i love coral too for summer..

Kimba said...

Sounds like a great trip, i'd love to see a pic of this skirt you speak of!