A classic preppy mom sharing the innermost secrets of my "picture perfect" life.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Going For It

OK girls, you know who you are, let's do it! E-mail me. Total disclosure
2 cups coffee with fat free cream and sugar
1 1/2 bowls of Oat squares with whole milk, we were out of 1%
Kiddie cup of coffee icecream plus the sprinkles off of the monkey's (he didn't like them!??)
3 beef Burritos & lots of seltzer water
Not exactly a great start, but I'm not snacking. I was thinking of going for a walk when McDada got home from work, yes he works all the time, but lost my motivation. SHOCKING!!! Tomorrow, I have a call to make, to a gym where my great friend, Sarah and my step mother -in-law go(everyday). They have a thing where if you babysit a couple hours a week you get a free membership. Sounds like motivation to me. McDada won't pay for a membership until I prove that I am serious, either by walking or working out on my own. He does have a point, I could easily get my butt walking when he comes home or even in the AM before he goes to work. Alas, I don't. He has even bribed me with money! I need Cortney back! She was my personal trainer way back in the day. She would drive 40 minutes to my apt 4 days a week at 6am to work out with me!!! She was an angel. That is what I need now. I need someone to kick my *ss! But, WHY can't I do it myself? Why can't I do sit ups while watching TV or stop after 1 burrito??? WHY??? OK, enough talk a little more action!! Off to do sit ups!

8 comments:

workinthatpreppy said...

i was just saying the same thing. . i am ten pounds overweight but at 5'2' that's a lot. it is my big beind that is my problem. my "fat and happy" mantra has gotten out of control! monday is a good day to start!

Kimba said...

Good luck, once you start it gets a lot easier! :)

Julia said...

Great, join us. The more support the better!

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

I do the same thing about just thinking about getting off the couch. I do go workout, but then eat something terrible. I feel what your saying about it all.

Anonymous said...

It's true once you start it does get easier. Look at it like this suffer now for a little while or suffer for years from the effects of carrying the extra weight. Drin Switch to diet soda just that alone can make a huge difference. You can do this and your worth it. I want you to show your husband how much you deserve that health club membership. Go,GO,GO,GO

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna said...

You can really get used to skim milk. Whole tastes like cream to me! It is so frickin hard to walk (unless you are Kimba rimba and have a fantastic walk to work that is more like an historical tour of Boston) so I would say you definitely need that gym membership.
We walked like crazy in Manhattan, from 42nd street to the Staten Island ferry (ok we took a bus for about a mile in the middle) but do you think I can walk around the block here at home?
Donna

Donna said...

oh, my! Switch to Splenda. You will be amazed at the difference it makes!