A classic preppy mom sharing the innermost secrets of my "picture perfect" life.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Worm, Worm, Go Away!





Ok, first of all, I HATE worms. When I come across them, I jump and scream like a baby. I'm sure this is pretty amusing to the occasional onlooker, but to me...NOT FUNNY. Yuk, slimmy, wiggley things! Then ofcouse there are their distant cousins...SNAKES. I would probably pass out from the fear if I ever did come across one. This is why gardening has never appealed to me. But I am an adult now(have been for quite some time) and I live in a beautiful house with what could be beautiful gardens. Time to suck it up! So, my latest achievement, the Iris beds. These are the before and after shots.
7 worms
0 snakes
1 dog poo
Not bad, eh?
Ofcourse I will have to do the whole thing over again when we actually get the mulch!
Headed to the library this am to pick up our latest book club read, The Rice Mother. Anyone read it? And I get to catch up on my magazine reading while the kids play. If it actually gets nicer we will head to the beach this afternoon. I feel my tan fading! Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

I can't wait until I'm like my mom and know about all things gardening. I keep telling myself I'm not at that stage in my life yet... one day... for right now the yard looks great because I DO know how to take pictures of yards I like and show them to the landscape people- it's just not the same as doing it yourself, though!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Let me know what you think of The Rice Mother when you're done!