A classic preppy mom sharing the innermost secrets of my "picture perfect" life.

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Morning Pain

Why is it so hard to get out of the house? I guess it doesn't help that it's a cold grey day. I just finished making two mix CD's for friends, but I have lost my glue stick. I don't know if I can live without my trusty glue stick. I will check one more place-the tool box in the supply closet. Nope, not there. Ugh, now I have to go buy a new one. Maybe I will just use tape for now. Atleast it will be done and I will be able to get going. So, if you are wondering why I need a glue stick I will explain. I make a mix on Itunes, then print out the song list: plain black and white then I choose a cover. I have collected over time pictures, cards, quotes, wallpaper and wrapping paper scraps in the shape of a jewel case. Then I afix the song list to the picture and Voila, a unique custom mix CD. One of my current covers I cut out of an old Barney's catalog. It says: " picture yourself learning latin and greek from a professor named igor who's name should be adonis" Isn't that cool? Would you like to know what is on the mix too? OK
Days Like These - Janis Ian
She's Only Happy In The Sun - Ben Harper
It Feels Like Home To Me - Chantal Kreviasik
All The Ways I Want You - Bruce Cockburn
Butterfly - Corrine Bailey Rae
Never Gonna Leave Your Side - Daniel Beddingfield
Songbird - Eva Cassidy
All the Right Reasons - The Jayhawks
Fireflies - Faith Hill
All At Sea - Jaime Cullen
It Looks Like Love - Josh Rouse
I Want You - Alana Davis
Today - Joshua Radin
Thinkin' About You - Norah Jones
I Melt With You - Nouvelle Vague
Please - Ray LaMontagne
Dream Big - Ryan Shupe
Paperweight - Schuyler Fisk
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
That's it.
The other mix is better, but I have to go now, have to get out of the house.

No comments: