A classic preppy mom sharing the innermost secrets of my "picture perfect" life.

Monday, April 23, 2007

To Save Or Spend?

That is the question! The moving sale was a success this weekend! Now I have a pile of money! Oh, what ever should I do???? I have to start by saying that I am trying to lose the baby weight for good! I have vowed not to buy any new clothes until I go down a size. But that doesn't include accessories...I do need me some new sunglasses! My little monkey lost mine this weekend, luckily not until Sunday. Speaking of sunglasses, oh what a glorious weekend!!!!!! My parents live on a river that because of the flooding appeared to be a lake. It was so sparkly! And sooo close. I joked that we could do swan dives off the roof. Anyway, we arrived late Thursday and of course got no work done, then Friday I tried to get some work done but my boys were running and crawling in opposite directions. Everything for the moving sale was in the basement of my parents house and needed to be brought to the garage. So many breakable items!!! Not safe for kiddos to be around not to mention the river, the stairs, and the road. So, I didn't get much done because although they tried, my parents weren't the most reliable babysitters. It was frustrating to say the least! So, I finally got some work done but never had the walk through with my parents to gather more things for the sale, ie: furniture! So, we sold a lot of china, crystal, silver and art. The ad in the paper said: Sat 9-2 no early birds! I had a couple show up Friday night! I did let them in though, I am a pushover. But i made a good sale! My husband arrived late Friday night with a truckload of furniture and stuff from our house, that pretty much all was sold. Yay, less junk to clean! I got what I wanted to, a beautiful 8' x2' abstract paintingof my Uncle's, An antique wall mural of Saratoga Springs, an antique desk and a desk chair. Those were the main things, lots of small things too. All in all a great weekend. So, I hope you all had a great weekend too!!!

2 comments:

jillskict said...

Oh take pics, I would love to see the painting! Sounds like a really fun weekend and I am glad you had good weather!

Julia said...

I will take pics tomorrow after I was the bedding!!!