A classic preppy mom sharing the innermost secrets of my "picture perfect" life.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

What's In A Name?

Ever since I can remember I have been obsessed with names. I used to go through the social registar and write down all the names I liked. Girls names and boys names. I filled up notebook after notebook, list, list, list. I would do it for pet names, house names, business names, boat names. Maybe it was because when I was younger i didn't like my name. Who knows, I just love names. I have the pleasure of suggesting boys names for my best friend's unborn child. Dutch names, because she is Dutch. It's funny because both my boys ended up with Dutch names. One of which was the name of her grandfather which I didn't know at the time, and now she is thinking of using the name but is a bit dissapointed that I used it first. I totally did not steal it. I had no idea when we came up with it that it was dutch or that it happened to be the name of her grandfather. Growing up I only knew him as Opa. Who calls their grandfather by his first name? I never would have known. So anyway, I told her to still use it. I don't have a problem with that. We do live in different states. And who knows, she could have a girl. Anyway, I am only to the "p"'s in my list, so I really ought to get back to it.

No comments: